For the recruitment of Grade “B” and “C” category posts in various Central Government Ministries, Departments, and Offices, the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the SSC CGL Exam. Tiers are the four phases of the SSC CGL exam. The first two tests are online, while the last two are offline.
Before being officially selected, candidates must clear each stage of the SSC CGL exam in order to advance to the next.
Quantitative Aptitude is one of the highest-scoring sections of the SSC CGL, and many aspirants aim to maximize their score in this section. Questions on Algebra, Trigonometry, Mensuration, Arithmetic, Number System, and Data Interpretation are asked in the quantitative aptitude section.
Out of the aforementioned topics, Algebra is one of the highest weightage topics in the quantitative aptitude section, and it is one of the easiest topics for a student to solve with minimal practice and knowledge.
On that note, let’s discuss some simple yet crucial tips that will help you ace algebra questions in the quantitative aptitude section of the SSC CGL 2022 exam.
Start with the basics
It is the most excellent way, to begin with. The fundamentals can be learned in a variety of ways. For the SSC CGL Prelims exam, you can study over the NCERT books, watch some video lectures, or buy some books.
Begin with basic algebra topics which include Algebraic Expression, Linear Equations, polynomials, Quadratic Equations, and more.
Make Short Notes
Once you’ve finished with the theory, start taking notes on all of the topics so you can go over them again later. Make a list of all the formulas, short tricks, and tips you’ll need to answer the question.
Start practicing questions of each type once you’ve properly understood all of the concepts. To boost your speed and tricky knowledge, practice a large number of questions of a specific sort. Apply shortcuts correctly, as they might save you time and help you pass your tests.
Solve Previous Years’ papers
SSC frequently repeats its questions. So, before you take the exam, study over all of the previous years’ papers once more. It will boost your understanding as well as your self-assurance. From here, you can pinpoint your weak spots. Also, complete the paper within the allotted time.
Take Regular Mock Tests
This will allow you to assess your actual exam performance. Avoid using a pen and paper as much as possible. Use as many short tricks as you can. Create a habit of thinking so that if an issue arises, your mind applies all of the tactics at the same time and rapidly identifies the best option.
Crucial Tips to Follow While Solving Algebra Question
- Don’t be alarmed if you notice difficult questions. Maintain a calm demeanour and gradually apply your mind.
- Take your time to read the entire question. Many times, it occurs because you have already answered this question and have marked the answer quickly. However, there is a potential that a different question will be asked. For example, the question might be asking you to find zero polynomial in the options, instead, you might have read it as finding the zeros of the polynomial, which are totally different and will result in confusion.
- Avoid taking dangerous shortcuts and relying on guesswork. Negative marking is used in the SSC CGL exam, hence this will result in answers being deducted.
- While solving polynomials, take care of the terms and Degree of polynomial to avoid any computational error.
- Carefully manage your time. Spend the least amount of time possible on each question. If you are able to find the solution after a single attempt, great; otherwise, skip the question.
- To assess your performance, take as many of our quizzes as you want.